Desiccant also called desiccant packets, moisture absorber, and moisture adsorbent. The most common desiccants are silica gel desiccant, clay desiccant, calcium chloride desiccant, molecular sieve desiccant and others.
SILICA GEL DESICCANT
Silica gel desiccant is the most traditional and widely used desiccant.
Features of silica gel desiccant
1. Non-toxic, tasteless, chemical stability, good thermal stability,
2. Strong adsorption capacity under various conditions.
3. Wide range of applications.
Indicating silica desiccant
Indicates silica gel includes blue silica gel and orange silica gel. Indicating silica gel has the same performance with transparent silicone. the color changing after absorbed can indicating absorbent state.
MONTMORILLONITE CLAY DESICCANT
Montmorillonite desiccant also is known as bentonite desiccant. the raw material of montmorillonite clay is irregular with purple yellow, gray colors.
It is non-toxic, natural, and has strong adsorption ability. In usual, 1 unit desiccant equivalent to 33-gram montmorillonite clay.
1. Fully degradable in nature, environmental, non-toxic and harmless
2. in a low humidity circumstance, the moisture absorption performance is higher than silica gel desiccant
3. It has a neutral PH value, very suitable for high-end electronic products
ACTIVE CLAY DESICCANT
Active clay desiccant was made of attapulgite. When at a high temperature, the moisture absorption capacity is higher than montmorillonite clay.
It is also degradable. Active clay desiccant meets the US military standard MIL-D-3464E, China military standard GJB2714-2005.
1. Natural mineral products, harmless, environmental.
2. Flexible regulation of its moisture absorption rate.
3. Excellent water locking.
4. Widely used in camera lighting products, wood and rattan products, handicrafts, etc.
MOLECULAR SIEVE DESICCANT
Molecular sieve is a crystalline aluminum silicate compound, which has a regular structure and uniform pores.
It only allows the apertures that the diameter smaller than molecules entering. therefore called molecular sieves.
1. In the ultra-low-humidity conditions, it still able to absorb a large amount of water vapor in the environment, effectively control the humidity.
2. it will absorb a large amount of water vapor within a very short time.